Often times, businesses and organizations have taken the first step in creating their company website, but are faced with the challenge of how to promote the website. In order to get the most out of your investment, you must increase visibility and knowledge of your website to the public.
There are multitudes of ways to increase the amount of traffic coming to your website. One easy and effective way to promote your site is through social media. Social media gives you ability to grow your brand visibility, while regularly getting your followers and fans to visit your website.
Social media connects over 2 billion users worldwide and has made mass communication affordable to every individual. It creates an opportunity to distribute messages and ideas to a massive audience. The benefits of promoting your website using social media are countless.
- Social media reduces marketing expenses by allowing you to effectively target your audience.
- Paid promotions are affordable and allows content into the feeds of social media users, and guarantees visibility from a relevant audience.
- Advertisements can also be free in the form of pages, posts, shares, pins, and likes.
Target Specific Markets
- Social media can help you target potential customers based on from demographics, interests, behavior, location, and more.
- Enables you to instantly communicate on a personal level with your target audience on a day-to-day basis.
Social Share Buttons on Your Website
- Social share emerged as a tool for converting online users into marketers by making it easy for users to distribute your message instantaneously.
- Adding social share buttons to your website is one of the most effective ways to drive referral traffic to your website.
- Social share buttons allow your website visitors to share your website content on their own social network, or even email, with the simple click of a button.
- Currently, there is no hard data to support that social signals helps increase search rankings, many SEO companies will tell you it helps raise your domain authority. Check out Backlinko’s Ranking Factors .
Improved Customer Insights
- Social media provides an opportunity to gain valuable insight about what your clients are interested in, as well as your customer demographics.
Increased Traffic, Recognition, and Loyalty
- Communication with your customers is a key aspect of success and allows for positive engagement that leads to improved awareness and recognition.
- Improved awareness helps drive more traffic to your website.
- Social media allows users to interact freely and quickly, leading to more exposure that can develop genuine loyalties.
When you drive traffic to your website, you are getting more page views to your website, and thus helping your site become more relevant to the search engine.
Social media will continue to have an immense impact on society at large. Promoting your website on a social media outlet allows for a more planned and strategic approach. Every social media account you create is another opportunity to lead people to your website, and every piece of content you syndicate is more opportunities for new visitors. Overall, social media can lead to more customers, more traffic, and more conversions.